The 5th plastprintpack & agrofood West Africa 2018 in Abidjan: 80+ exhibitors from 17 countries and a high-profile conference program
The AMAPLAST & ACIMGA stand will be a reference point
VDMA: Symposium on plastics, packaging and recycling
Bosch: Seminar on dry food processing and packaging
The 5th plastprintpack & agrofood West Africa takes shape, as more and more important institutions, associations and companies confirm their participation. A high-profile conference program will complement the international exhibition.
More than 80 exhibitors from 16 countries have confirmed their participation. Among them many of the global leaders in their specific industry.
The following countries are represented with a particularly large number of exhibitors:
- France - see here and here
- Germany – see here and here
- Italy – see here and here
- Ivory Coast – see here and here
- Turkey – see here and here
The exhibitors come from Algeria, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Netherlands, Nigeria, Russia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom and USA.
The AMAPLAST & ACIMGA stand will be a reference point for West African operators interested in Italian plastics & rubber and printing & converting machines
"Sub-Saharan countries, especially in the Western area of the African continent, represent interesting emerging markets for the Italian plastics and rubber machinery, equipment, moulds as well as printing and converting machines. Though the relevant exports value is still low, compared to other traditional destinations, prospects are quite good. This is the reason why AMAPLAST and ACIMGA have been monitoring these regions, first of all by attending sector exhibitions.
The AMAPLAST and ACIMGA stand at plastprintpack West Africa 2018 (stand number: B 12) will be a reference point for local operators interested in collecting information on the Italian plastics and rubber, printing and converting machinery industry, which is a global leader, especially in light of important capabilities such as: products’ thickness reduction, energy saving, Industry 4.0 and recycling solutions."
VDMA: Symposium on plastics, packaging and recycling
In conjunction with plastprintpack West Africa 2018 a symposium on plastics, packaging and recycling tailored to the West African needs is held by the German Plastics and Rubber Machinery Association VDMA.
The symposium is held on 21 November from 11am to 12:30pm, followed by B2B meetings from 1 to 3pm between visitors to the exhibition and experts from the VDMA delegation.
The following companies and experts will be present at the symposium:
- Engel, Mr Hamzeh Hamzehloo
- Erema, Mr Franz Weixlbaumer & Mr Christian Hell
- Gabler, Mr Nicolas Fey
- Illig, Mr Jochen Butz
- Kautex, Mr Mohamed Ikar
- Kurtz, Mr Walter Kurtz
- Messe Düsseldorf, Mrs Petra Cullmann
- Pallmann, Mr Paul Kenneth Amas
- VDMA, Mr Thorsten Kühmann
- VDMA, Mr Florian Mikulasch
For all other exhibitors, please see the list of exhibitors.
Bosch holds seminar on reducing of operating cost within dry food processing and packaging
World market leader Bosch holds a symposium at plastprintpack & agrofood West Africa 2018. Trade visitors from the entire region have the opportunity to exchange views for 2-3 hours on the subject of reducing of operating cost within dry food processing and packaging.
Food waste is an ongoing issue. Manufacturers and suppliers are in search of technologies that enable food waste reduction and filling precision. To keep abreast of competitors, technologies have been developed to meet these demands.
Strong international support
plastprintpack & agrofood West Africa 2018 enjoy the support of the following international institutions:
- France - adepta French Agrofood Association & French Embassy Côte d'Ivoire
- Germany - German Embassy Abidjan, AHK Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana
- Italy – Italian Embassy Côte d'Ivoire
- Netherlands - Agricultural Counselor for West Africa with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, NABC Netherlands-African Business Council, SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Turkey – Ministry of Economy
France, the Netherlands and Turkey are present with official national pavilions.
The French-speaking West Africa is a rather homogenous market of about 110 million inhabitants
The increasing demand throughout the rather homogenous French-speaking West African market of 110 million inhabitants and the good general economic situation in Côte d'Ivoire continue to offer positive prospects for suppliers of plastprintpack & agrofood technology.
With the exception of Guinea, all countries use the franc CFA franc, which is linked to the euro. The currency facilitates not only the overseas export of machinery from Europe and Asia to Abidjan, but also the export of food within the French-speaking countries of West Africa.
Excellent pre-conditions for plastprintpack West Africa 2018. Together with its partner event agrofood West Africa the show takes place on 20 to 22 November 2018 at the Radisson Blu Hotel Abidjan Airport in Abidjan.
The West African plastprintpack sector provides great chances for doing business
The West African plastprintpack sector provides great chances for doing business:
- West Africa imported plastics technology at a value of EUR 143 million in 2016. The major West African market, apart from Nigeria, being Ivory Coast with 34%, followed by Ghana and Senegal.
- West African imports of printing and paper technology amounted to EUR 122 million in 2016. Ivory Coast, apart from Nigeria, ranks first with 33%, followed by Ghana and Guinea.
- Last but not least West Africa imported packaging technology at a value of EUR 240 million in 2016. Here again its major market, apart from Nigeria, is Ivory Coast with 30%.